The Nigerian one of the most popular artist David Adedeji Adeleke who was born November 21, 1992, popularly known as Davido, is an American-born Nigerian singer, songwriter, Performing artist and record producer. Davido no doubt is one of the African most popular artist and highest award winning Nigerian musician so far.
There are so many things worth knowing about Davido. However there are some of the notable things many people do not know about the popular artist.
Here are the few things most of us do not know about Davido, some of which will surprise us.
- Davido is s school drop out: Prior to going into music and entertainment, Davido studied Business administration in the University of Oakland but however dropped out to pursue his music career.
- Davido’s Mum is late : His late mum, Veronica Imade Adeleke was a lecturer at Babcock University at the private institution known as Babcock University until. She died in 2003. Davido, who named his first child and daughter after his mum revealed that his love for entertainment came from his mother.
- Davido’s father is the Founder of Adeleke University Osun: His father, Elder Deji Adeleke Being the founder of the Adeleke University, Osun state, is reportedly worth about $700million. He is also a christian elder, businessman and serial investor. After the death of his first wife, he remarried Adepeju Margaret Adeleke, but that marriage has since ended, after he filed for divorce in 2014.
- Davido’s Networth is about $16 million: Davido net worth is estimated to be $16 million, he is among the richest musicians in Nigeria and among the richest musicians. His wealth is from music and endorsement projects such as the $78,296 (N30 million) MTN endorsement deal, Guinness Nigeria, and Infinix mobile. He also has a YouTube channel which has attracted over 663 million views since it was created. It will surprise you to know how much Davido charges per show. For instance, Davido charges between N10-N40 million per show making him one of the highest-paid musicians in Nigeria.Davido Assets
Davido being one of the wealthiest artists in Africa has several assets in his name such as a private jet, he has a N70 million house in Lagos, several vacation houses in Nigeria and Atlanta.
Davido in addition to the immovable properties , has several cars in his name, his latest car is a Lamborghini Urus, estimated at $200,000. He also owns a Porsche, range rover, Honda, Rolls Royce Phantom, Mercedes Benz Sedan AMG, and Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Davido started his music career in 2011: Davido started working on his debut studio album Omo Baba Olowo in 2011. The album’s music is a mixture of Afrobeats and hip hop. Davido worked with Jay Sleek, Maleek Berry, GospelOnDeBeatz, Spellz, Dokta Frabz, Mr. Chidoo, Theory Soundz and Shizzi to produce the album. Omo Baba Olowo features guest appearances from Naeto C, Sina Rambo, B-Red, Kayswitch, Ice Prince and 2 Face Idibia.
- David Adedeji Adeleke Davido has 5 baby mamas. Davido actually has five baby mamas pointing out that there are two more baby mamas which the superstar has kept hidden from the general public. The list of his baby mamas that the public know of include Sophia Momodiu, Amanda and Chioma. This was made known by one Kemi Olunloye in her tweet on the 22nd day of August 2020 where he described the popular artist Davido as a daft boy that cannot differentiate pussies.
- Davido has 3 Children as at 2019: Nigeria’s music star, Davido currently have 3 children as at October, 2019. Davido has 2 daughters from Sophie Momodu and Amanda who are he had brief fling with. He also has a son named David Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Jnr with his wife, Chioma. His first daughter is named Imade Adeleke and he had her with Sophie Momodu whom he met during one of his numerous shows in the UK. Sophie is visibly older than Davido in age and looks, this made many people question how their relationship and even accuse Sophie Momodu of seducing Davido using Imade’s pregnancy to “tie” him down;. Davido met his second babymama, Amanda in the USA. Amanda was a college student when she met Davido after one of his shows in the USA. Davido was in a serious relationship with Chioma during this period, but a moment of slip up saw Davido getting sexually involved with the beautiful American college student who also ended up getting pregnant for him. Amanda bore a daughter for Davido who is named Hailey Veronica Adeleke. On the 20th of October, 2019, Davido’s wife, Chioma whom he had sand one of his hit songs (assurance) for gave birth to a baby boy for Davido. Davido named the child after himself and included an Igbo name, Ifeayin which was provided by Chioma.
Davido now has 3 children that are known to the public, they are:
- Imade Adeleke (Date of birth: 14th May, 2015)
- Hailey Adeleke (Date of birth: 9th May, 2017)
- David Adeleke Jnr (Date of birth: 20th October, 2019)
Note that the above listed are the ones publicly know. There are rumours that in addition to these ones, Davido has other baby mamas and children.
- David Adedeji Adeleke Davido has a total of 3 Albums: The Nigerian /African most popular artiste Davido has a total of 4 Albums, namely;
Omo Baba Olowo (2012)
Son of Mercy (2016)
A Good Time (2019)
A Better Time (2020).
- Davido is the Nigerian most achieved Artist: The Nigerian Superstar Davido has since his music career made a lot of tremendous achievements, ranging from hit tracks, awards, networth etc. It may surprise you to know that Davido had signed a ₦30 million endorsement deal with MTN. The deal unveiled him as the face of MTN Pulse, a marketing campaign aimed at Nigerian youth.
- On October 24, 2013, Pulse Nigeria reported Guinness Nigeria had signed Davido for an endorsement deal. As part of the deal, Davido performed at the Guinness World of More Concert alongside artists including P-Square, D’banj, Wizkid, Ice Prince, Burna Boy, Olamide, Phyno, Chidinma, Waje and Tiwa Savage. On May 9, 2018, Guardian Life reported Davido had signed an endorsement deal with Infinix Mobile, a Hong Kong-based smartphone manufacturer.
- Davido is accused/suspected to be a member of the Aye Cult Confraternity: Davido has faced accusations of being a member of the Black Axe confraternity (Aye Cult Group). He has been accused of making cult gang gestures in his music and personal videos. On September 5, 2018, Daily Post reported a suspected Black Axe cult member arrested by the Nigerian Police confessed that he was lured into the group with promises that he would meet music star, Davido. On September 15, 2018, in a chat with Vanguard, Davido’s country manager, Asa Asika, denied knowledge of Davido being a member of any secret cult groups. On August 10, 2019, Information Nigeria reported on the stir of Davido sharing a video on his insta-story reassuring the Aye Cult Group of his loyalty. Davido could be seen in the video displaying the confraternity’s trademark shouting; “Egede, Aye for life”
- Finally but not all, Of all Davido’s Baby mamas, he is only engaged to the last of them named Children whom he sang a hit song for.